1. All students must have a secondary school diploma or equivalent. While not required, a minimum of one to two years of college experience is helpful.
2. All students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
Must be at least 20 years of age by Dec. 31 of the year in which they apply—e.g. for the 2022-2023 academic year, they must be 20 or older by Dec. 31, 2022.
Must be at least 19 years of age by Dec. 31 of the year in which they apply—e.g. for the 2022-2023 academic year, they must be 19 by Dec. 31, 2021. In addition to being 19 by Dec. 31, the applicant must have at least one full year of college courses or formal technical training courses. (Online classes, high school Advanced Placement courses, or dual enrollment courses do not apply.)
3. The program can be physically and mentally challenging, so all applicants must be healthy enough to fully participate. Those with limitations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
4. Applicants must demonstrate adequate financial resources to cover tuition ($1,500) and personal living expenses while participating in the program.
5. After the admissions office receives a completed application, the applicant will be interviewed in person and/or by phone by the local pastor and by a Foundation Institute faculty member.
6. The deadline for submitting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year is May 31, 2022. Applications submitted after that date may be considered if space is available.
Tuition for the program is $1,500 per single student or married couple. This fee includes the cost of the classes, textbooks and handouts.
Those accepted will receive information and guidance concerning housing options available for the time they are attending Foundation Institute.
If you are looking for an exciting, biblically based program to help you build a solid foundation for your life, we look forward to hearing from you.